Electrician Public Liability Cover
Insure Tradies recently found $5 million public liability insurance for a electrical contractor (electrician) including consumer protection insurance for $840 pa, the contractor from Queensland was a sole trader with a turnover under $50,000.
The policy also includes product liability cover and we can quote for Tools of Trade as well.
$5 million, $10 million and $20 million dollars cover options.
Australia wide coverage.
Note we can quote an Electrician in any state in Australia
Insurance requirements for an Queensland electrical contractor
Electrical contractors are required, under Section 51 of the ES Regulation to have a contract of insurance approved by the chief executive.
You must have a certificate of currency from your insurer that confirms you have a policy with broadform public and products liability with:
- a limit of indemnity of at least $5,000,000
- consumer protection insurance of at least $50,000.
This policy must cover all of the following:
- liability arising from testing and certification of work in accordance with the ES Regulation
- injury or damage arising from faulty design work performed by you including where you did not charge a specific fee for such design work
- injury or damage arising from incorrect advice including where you did not charge a specific fee for such advice
- goods in your care, custody or control.
As part of the Steadfast network we are part of the biggest network of insurance brokers in Australia and New Zealand and have partnerships with over 150 insurance providers locally and internationally. Which means we can find what’s right for you: from general business insurance cover to the most niche products.
* Instalment options for your tradies insurance, will be offered by a third party finance company
± Price will depend on cover required, your occupation, experience, postcode and turnover
Δ Not all insurers will offer quotes for all occupations
Your Quotes will come from the Insure 247 Team
Any advice that may have been given is general advice only, please be aware that we have not taken into consideration your needs, objectives or financial requirements. Before deciding to purchase a financial product you should consider the appropriate Product Disclosure Statement to ensure the product is suitable for your needs.
Insuretradies.com.au operated by Ausure Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd T/as Insure Tradies is an Authorised Representative of Ausure Pty Ltd ABN 94 096 971 854 AFSL 238433.